5.11.2009

Myron

Dear Myron,

It's springtime now. I haven't visited you for a while. Does that make you sad? I'll bring flowers next time, maybe daisies? Or maybe some lilac flowers before summer comes and wilts their beauty? Your headstone could probably use some spring cleaning right now, it looked a little weathered the last time I dropped by. I wonder where your family has been, they never visit. Don't worry though, a little weathering never hurt anyone. It adds character. I'll be there soon to make you looking shipshape!

Your birthday is coming up. You'll be 59 this year! I'd throw you a party, but truth is, I'm sure the parties where you're at now are beyond what I could ever manage down here. But hey, I'll bring a few party favors and maybe even some of the usual strawberry lemonade (it's much too hot for cocoa).

I've missed our talks. You're such a good listener. Always listening, never talking. In fact, I don't know a lot about you. If you had lived, I picture you as a high school heart throb with curly black hair and a the biggest whitest straightest teeth known to man. And blue eyes. Deep blue eyes. You're old enough to have grandchildren now. I'm sure they would adore the distinguishing salt and pepper hair that age would have brought to you. You'd be the perfect grandfather-a lot like mine. Hugs. Kisses. And don't forget teasing. You'd be the sweetest, biggest tease.

Life has been good lately. Busy though. There's someone I'd like you to meet sometime. He's pretty special and I hope you like him. I'm sure you will. He'll update you on all of the newest car models, latest sports stats, and all of the new movies worth seeing. Maybe you can have some manly bonding time instead of having to talk about a little girls problems.

I'll come soon. It's finally warm and light enough in the evenings so I can run over and see you sometime. See you soon.

Love,
Jamie

This post is dedicated to Myron Dale Black. I thought I would introduce him to you. I met him one day when I was out running by the Provo cemetary and decided to stop and look at some of the gravestones. Look at the date when Myron was born. I'm sure he had to have been very special to only live on this earth for 2 brief days. So if you ever need someone to talk to... Myron is usually always available to talk with. No appointment needed.

2 comments:

Steven & Adrienne said...

What a sweet tribute.

Thanks for the birthday wishes...you make me laugh. When I read it I laughed out loud, and my boys thought I was crazy...ok maybe I am. :)

FamiLee said...

I've never read a blog entry quite like that one.

Nice of you.