9.04.2008

Bacon

Yes, that's right. Bacon. This is a shout out to all of you who have ever saved my "bacon" before. Sometimes I wonder how I'm still alive, but here I am. From almost losing a couple of fingers when I was five to wrecking the family dirt bike as an early teen to the not so graceful tumble I took down the stairs last week. What can I say? I'm accident prone, but never broken a bone! So here's to you. To my Grandmother who saved my finger and any other cut I had. To a mother who hopefully has enough patience to last eternity as she waits for her tomboy of a daughter to grow up graceful and poised (Ha! Like that'll ever happen). To sisters who I will always call my best friends. To a friend who taught me math while we ate gummy bears and another who taught me the value of laughter. To a young man who played me "Beloved" on the piano and another who has guided me through the last year of my life. To the ones who go running when I need a partner and to the one who lived in Tooele, but literally came in rain or snow if I needed a date for the weekend. To the one who calls me, "Angel" and the one who's told me her deepest, darkest secrets. To the secret admirers who sent balloons or flowers and the ROTC supplier at BYU for free t-shirts. To all of the cashier tellers who gave me a penny when I needed it and the person in the car who stopped for me so I could cross the street. Thanks to those who I will never know your name. It is you who helps me be a better person, and keep my "bacon" of course.

No comments: