12.13.2008

Live Life And Love It!

Have you ever wondered how someone could even think of taking their own life? I've thought a lot about it this past week. A good friend of mine has tried taking her life in numerous ways that should be unfathomable to man. As I stayed up with her through the night last night, I had a lot of time to think. It truly blows my mind how a Child of God could even attempt to take their life and end a gift that we've been given to enjoy on this earth. I guess my message to you today is to LIVE life! Live it and love it. Whatever comes your way, hold your head high and move forward. That's all our Heavenly Father will ever ask you to do. Whatever slack we may have, he'll take up as long as we're doing our best. I have a saying I like to say when the going gets tough-"The church is true! So what else matters?!" That's what it all basically boils down to, isn't it? As long as we're doing our best and we know that the church is true, that's all that matters. Let's all be Christ's hands this Christmas Season and help each other out! Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

FamiLee said...

Wow. Thanks for sharing your testimony. Stay positive!

Rachel Doyle said...

I think that we as humans often forget who we truly are - children of God. I think that often there are things such as mental illness - depression, other psychosis that play into this that we don't recognize at the time until it's too late. (Sorry I am speaking as a therapist) Gratefully, the atonement can help us with this and other issues that lead to such decisions. I think you are wonderful friend who leads by example. Good luck

Stephanie said...

You are so right! The gospel is true, and nothing else really matters. We just need to stay faithful. Your friend is going to need a lot of support. I'm glad you are there for her!