2.23.2009

History. It Might Just Be My Downfall.

I love learning about history. Really, I do. But who cares if the Qin Empire began in 221 BCE or if the Olmec culture was one of the longest cultures to last way back when? Honestly? I don't care. Maybe I need a better attitude about history. I love learning about all of the World Wars and about my pioneer heritage. Geez, I even like learning about the history of the planet. However, I do not care about when some person's village got destroyed and demolished by a mud slide or who got what after so and so died. Maybe it is just me and I need to work on enjoying history.

What I really think though? One more semester of this and I'll never have to worry about worthless history again.

7 comments:

DaMel said...

i love history too!!!! AWesome we have something in common hehe

Kendra said...

That's funny, I have decided that I am going to find out about other Countries histories on my own. I am going to start with Russia! I may change my mind after a while though!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tacie Hoffman said...

I would laugh so hard if you became a history teacher... :) but I agree... I like wars, but mudslides... yeah, that's high on my list to remember!

FamiLee said...

Welcome to college.

{lauren} said...

i will trade you one history class for one chem+lab class. i know you want to do it, its probably the best offer you are ever going to get. ever.

Miss Siglin said...

I never much cared for history through my schooling, but when I decided to finally graduate... Art History was the major that would allow the grad date I decided on. Who knew how much actually history goes into Art History! Oh well, now I just get to subject my students to it! :)