10.23.2008

Blast From the Past

I went through THE Black Box today. For those of you who do not know what that is, allow me to enlighten your mind. The Black Box is the box of all my little trinkets, letters, and what other "whathaveyou's" that I have deemed important over the years. I thought that tonight I would give you a glimpse as to what it contains inside:

My BYU vs. TCU ticket from Fall 2007; freshman year of college

One of those classy magnetic necklaces that you can make into a bracelet also. My cousin brought it back from China for me.

A glass dolphin statue that Chris brought me back from Cancun

A bunch of hoopla from past dates (pictures, dance cards, bracelets... you get the gist of it)

Gold medal from FCCLA Nationals in Tennessee

An old paper back copy of "Island of Blue Dolphins," by Scott O'Dell. My 5th grade math teacher passed away and we all got to pick a book out of his bookshelf. He had read this to us and it is what got me loving dolphins.

Polished rocks from Brazil from Jared

A poem my Dad once wrote to me

Missionary letters

John Wayne postcards and whatnot

Notes my Mom used to put in my lunches

A necklace from the Smurph

Letters from gal friends over the years

My Patriarchal Blessing

First plane ticket (Tennessee)

Favorite scriptures and quotes

A piece of cloth from my first attempt at making pajama pants.

My first CTR ring

No comments: