10.25.2008

Good Night Never Neverland

Shall I tell you a little bit about my day today?

I woke up. At 10:30a.m. And it was amazing. Then I went over to the Lloyds to watch Savvy while Thad and Julie took off on their separate ways to have fun. While they were gone, Savvy and I tore up the house and partied like there was no tomorrow. Just kidding... we really went on a walk, drank "pink" milk, and watched the Princess and the Pauper (not too bad for a Barbie movie and that is coming from a girl who tore of the heads of Barbies when she was little) and then a bit of Lilo and Stitch. Then it was back to the house for some hard core smackdown on a research paper before the Ward Chili Cook-Off. Pam was her amazing self and put together a great ward activity. The chili was incredible, not a lot of hot ones this year besides Bro. Young's (which is usually the case). Alex and I got sick of it after a while so we took off to the Creamery to get some ice cream. We decided to split a banana split. Please realize we'd just eaten bowl after bowl of chili and were stuffed to the max. Probably not the smartest thing we've ever done. After stuffing ourselves even more with Pralines and Caramel yumminess that was drenched in hot fudge and covered in coconut sprinkles (Alex's pick, not mine) and butterfinger flakes, we decided to actually be social and run by the Boshards house to see if anyone wanted the rest of our demolished "split." We ended up tossin' it. The guys were all over at the Boshards still and got a great idea to watch a movie-"Hook." It's an old school spoof of Peter Pan and the only one who has it in the ward is none other than yours truly. So we grabbed the movie from my house and Chris realized they didn't have a VHS player at his house. We proceeded to go to his Dad's work to find one. We didn't. So we ran up to the cabin, grabbed the VHS player there and then came BACK down the canyon, where the entire way I listened to them all sing Pokemon songs and Japanese gibberish. Sometimes I wonder if we hadn't all grown up together, would I have ended up being friends with them all? I honestly can't answer that question... So we watched Hook tonight. It was good. My favorite character-the curly haired boy who yells "Good night Never Neverland!" and then practically spews spit on his lamp to put it out. Priceless. Then I made it home, brushed my pearly whites and now it's off to bed for me.

Sweet dreams. Don't let the bed bugs bite. Good night Never Neverland!

3 comments:

{lauren} said...

sounds so fun, wish i could have been there!

Thad and Julie said...

Hey, next time you need a fix on 'Hook', come on over. We have it on DVD. Besides, it's the least we could do for having to put up with the 'P&P Barbie-fest' that never seems to end. ;p Glad you had a fun day! Thanks for helping ours turn out so well too! You are the best!!

DaMel said...

hey i have it on dvd tooo! im just reading all ur blogs!