1.31.2009

I Think I'm Just Going to Sit Here and Never Move Again

Two words-Leg Injury. I blame it on my absurd competitive streak. I overdid it on my running last week and pulled a muscle while racing someone after a run. Get this though, I lost the race! (pathetic). I guess I was overdue and got a double dose of humbling medicine this week. I'm a wimp when it comes to getting injured and tolerating massive doses of pain shooting up through my leg. So now I'm stuck with a leg that is in excellent walking condition, but there is much more to be said about its running condition. Looking up at the steep Smith Fieldhouse stairs makes me want to throw my head back and break out into hysterical laughter or put on my best puppy dog face and cross my fingers that one of the football players will come around, take pity on me, and carry me up the five flight monstrosity. Short sprints down the basketball court cause my teeth to clench and my stride to more or less resemble Gumby with a missing clay foot rather than Carl Malone's sprint down the sideline. I'm sure the ladies that I play basketball with were thinking Wow. That girl has some serious running issues. Meh, why should they care anyways? As long as I make my shots and steals they shouldn't care, right? If anything, I provide entertainment for them and a distraction for the other team. Double the pleasure, double the fun.

But for now I'll just sit here thinking I hope I never have to move again.

2 comments:

Steven & Adrienne said...

Oh I wish I could be playing b-ball with you. I miss it. And I am sure you look better than half the people out there.:) Hope you feel better soon! And I hate those stairs also...I dreaded them everyday because all my classes were down at the RB and I lived on the other side of campus, where were the cute football players then?

Stephanie said...

Hope you are up and running soon! We love ya lots!