11.06.2008

My Mom




This amazing woman is my Mom. It's her birthday today so I figured I'd do ten things I love about her.
1. She is the best example of service I've ever seen. Whether it is taking out someone's garbage can at 4:30 in the morning, going around raking leaves or shoveling snow, or taking someone treats when they're sick and talking with them. She visits with the elderly, loves the little children, and magnifies her callings in leaps and bounds.
2. She is beautiful! My Dad sometimes says I have her smile, if I do, then I'm one lucky girl! She goes running everyday and is always on her feet doing something. Not one drop of makeup touches her face (besides the occasional swipe of mascara and lipgloss), she doesn't need it!
3. She's tough. Not only would I not want to be on the wrong side of an argument with her, but she's not a sissy girly girl. She can get down and dirty and she's not afraid of hardwork (which she's instilled in me).
4. She loves my Dad with all her heart. Look at the first picture. They're still as much in love today as they were 26 years ago when they first got married. That's the kind of love I'm holding out for. She's shown me the meaning of true, eternal love.
5. She can party with the best of them. When you get her going, she'll dance in the kitchen while we're doing dishes and bust out singing Disney with us.
6. She has the most steadfast and immovable testimony. It seems that every trial she has had to go through has only made her stronger. Whatever Satan throws at her, she throws back at him twice as fast.
7. She loves nature. She would rather be outside or at the cabin, than stuck inside the house doing nothing. She's passed that love onto all of her girls and I'm so grateful for that.
8. She loves music. She's the one who taught me to play the piano and put up with all my whining and complaining during every lesson. She pushed me to learn an instrument and now we sing in the Ward Choir (where we have so much fun together!).
9. She cooks the yummiest food in the world. I could live on her chocolate chip cookies and frosting for the rest of my life and die happy. She dutch ovens, grills, sautee's, roasts, and even barbecues. She knows every recipe that you need to live a happy, long life on good food. :)
10. I love that she's MY Mom. Yup. Sorry, she's not yours. She's taught me all I know in life and I'm looking forward to learning more from her. Thanks Mom. You are truly amazing.

3 comments:

{lauren} said...

i love your mom too! she is super! thanks a lot, now im drooling just thinking about her cookies :) wish her a happy birthday for me.

Skate said...

I would have to concur with Lauren. Carol is superly, amazingly, fantastically wonderful. I absolutely love her!

Stephanie said...

Your mom is truly amazing! You are definitely blessed! I love your blog!