3.24.2009

Rex Lee Run 2009

Two Thumbs Up for Cancer Patients!

Can you spy Jamie?
What a cold day to have to run on this year! It was definitely worth it though! For those of you who are unfamiliar with the Rex Lee Run, it is a 10K/5K race that honors the late cancer patient and president of BYU-Rex Lee. It has since grown into a race that honors all cancer patients and survivors and all proceeds are donated to cancer research. I ran with my wonderful cousin and his wife (who generously made me choc. chip pancakes after the race) and I beat my time of last year by 5 minutes. Pretty good, eh? The best part of the race? Honoring the cancer survivors and those who have passed on because of it. My wonderful adopted Grandmother was one of these amazing people. Char Currie is someone who I miss more than anyone. She was the best Grandmother a girl could ask for and after 4 rounds of cancer she was able to go home to live with Heavenly Father last summer. I ran for this amazing woman this year and I was proud to have her name on my back. She was at my side the entire race! For those of you who have ever battled any kind of cancer, know that I admire and respect you so much. Shoutout to Mama Johnson for overcoming her cancer years ago and for my good friend Mike who battled it in the 5th grade.

1 comment:

{lauren} said...

woah darlin, look at you go!