3.31.2009

Happy Birthday Alex!

This studly looking young man is one of my very best friends in the entire world and it's his 19th birthday today! We grew up playing power rangers, doing crazy "experiments" with dirt, worms, and countless stuffed animals. He introduced me to putting salt on my tomatoes and eating them as a snack, we've done countless FHE's of swimming and going to the library. Together we have planned group dates, bike rides, and we have even supported each other all those times when our poor little fishies died. Primary was always a blast when it came to listening to Alex's talks; in the time it took one kid to give a 5 minute talk, Alex could do a talk of the same length in 30 seconds flat.

One of my most favorite experiences with Alex was when we both received the Kiwanis Award for teenagers that will make a future difference in the world. To stand up there with my "brother" and get surprise awards that we had no idea we were getting was an event I will never forget. Alex was smiling his classic Alex smile-where you can see every bulging vein in his neck and he has this huge cheesy grin on his face. I didn't really care about the award, I was just pleased to be able to stand with a kid that I really do think will make a difference for the better in this world.

Sure, he's a little quirky, but he's the best friend anyone could ever ask for. Alex is always there to stand up for a friend in need, he can move his hips like none other, he's friends with everyone he meets (and I mean EVERYONE), and you can't help but laugh at most things that come out of his mouth. If you have never met Alex, I give you just one suggestion-meet him! He is one of those people in live you will NEVER forget!

So... Happy 19th Alex!

3 comments:

{lauren} said...

the discription of his smile made me laugh right out loud. mostly cause you put it perfectly :) im still laughing... and people are looking at me funny.

FamiLee said...

H.B. Alex! Thanks for always saying hi and for complimenting me on my most frazzled Sundays...

Do we hear mission papers?

Steven & Adrienne said...

Happy late B-day Alex!