1.13.2010

Curveball.

For all of you who have never played baseball/softball, here's a little background for the blog post of the today (and let's be honest, a little ball lingo has never hurt anybody). A curveball is used to disrupt the opponent's timing. While it is a good pitch for doing so, it is also a dangerous pitch to throw. The increased topspin of the ball has the potential to gain tremendous backspin off of a batter's bat, giving it much added distance if well hit.

I have decided that life has thrown me a curveball. One that is definitely disrupting my timing at the moment. But wanna know a secret? Life doesn't realize that I'm ready and that backspin is going to hit my bat perfectly. Sorry life, but this is one girl who is going to hit your awful pitch out of the park. Do the math. That equals a HOME RUN. That's right life. In your face. There's nothing you can do to destroy my success. Oh, and I have quite a few coaches cheering me on from the sidelines. How can life even compete with that kind of resistance? How could I not succeed?!

Play ball!

1 comment:

Steven & Adrienne said...

Know that I believe you will hit a homerun off that curve ball!!! We'll be your cheerleaders cheering you guys on...remember everything will be fine just relax!!!! We love you!!!! (Funny side note the word verification for me is faker...funny because the curve ball fakes people out...hee hee...I know I am a dork!!!Blame it on spending all my time with little boys and a baby!!) :)