1.06.2010

Waterfalls Are Supposed to be Soothing

Dear Piano Player in the lecture room across from the JKB mailroom,

I can tell you are talented. I can tell that you like to play songs with a high tempo. I can tell that you are an orange personality and you want to show off your talent to everyone that passes you in the hallway. I can tell you have a lot of energy due to the incredible force in which you are exerting to pound those poor white keys to death. Is it because it is the first of the year and you are just so happy to be alive? Are you excited to be entering yet another semester at BYU? Did you just find out your teacher is not requiring a final in their class? Is it something of a more serious nature? Are you de-stressing over your girlfriend dumping you? Do you just need to breathe and let off some steam? Even if it is none of these things or all of the above, all I ask, all that I plead with you to do is to stop playing Jon Schmidt's Waterfall song over and over and over again. Broaden your selection. You are the 1,000,000th person to play it on BYU campus trying to "wow" us all. Play a different song or else you will have 10 digits less than what you have right now. A girl needs her sanity.

You're taking over mine.

2 comments:

Julia Harding said...

You are so cute and so funny Jamie. It only makes us love you more! Thanks for always making me smile by telling it like it is! Love ya!

Elaine Shandra said...

I hope your plea works, lol!