1.18.2010

Men Are That They Might Have Joy

I love this picture. Wanna know why? Because I think it shows the world that I really am marrying the best man on the face of this earth. One of the top qualities I've had on that ridiculous "What I Want in My Future Husband" list I made back when I was beehive was that I wanted him to make me laugh. Everyday. And guess what? T fills that requirement along with many many more on that list. He looks at me like I'm the most important thing in his entire life with that incredible look of love on his face. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I've turned into one of those love-sick bloggers. Get used to it. It's going to be like this for the rest of my life. I think I'll even blog about it into the eternities. I'm sure the Celestial Kingdom will provide for some pretty exciting heavenly blogging times (how I'll go about doing that, I have no idea) full of love.

As I was talking to T last night, I realized something. I've changed. My entire life has changed over the past year that I have know T. I have been alive for 20 years and yet I have never ever been able to see such a change in my life.

I thought I knew what happiness was before I met T. I thought I knew who I was before I met him. I thought I knew what charity, love, and compassion were before I met him. Obviously not. I'm learning that what is important to T should be important to me. I've never had better communication with someone else in my entire life (which in itself is a giant feat for me). I enjoy listening to other people talk, but I feel like my thoughts aren't important sometimes. When I put my needs before someone else's, I feel selfish. I think that is inherent in most women. T has taught me that my thoughts, ideas, needs, are important and that he wants to hear them; just like I want to hear about every little detail he does everyday.

Everyday I ask myself, "What did I do to deserve such an incredible man?" Today I realized that everyday I should be asking myself,

What do I need to keep doing in order to deserve this incredible man?

No comments: