11.27.2009

Day of Thanks


T and I spent the day before Thanksgiving with his family this year. They were even nice enough to celebrate Thanksgiving a day early so the both of us could be there! Yeah, I know, they're a pretty awesome family. I loved spending the day with all of them, T's family are some of the greatest people I have ever met in my entire life. They're all so full of life, vitality, and they all have this incredible vibrant energy around each one of them. I'm grateful that I have been able to interact with such amazing people this year.

The Turkey Bowl in T's home ward was Thanksgiving morning. Let's just say, T and I kicked trash on both of our teams (yes, there were 4 teams and no, we didn't get to play on the same team with each other). Unfortunately, like always, I ended up getting hurt. And it wasn't even tackle football! This time, it was my own fault. I twisted in the air and landed on my back trying to catch the football. Though to my credit, I did score a touchdown. I also scored an injured muscle in my lower back. Fortunately for me, T's Dad had some drugs that eased the pain for me.
(See above picture for what my face may have looked like when my body is in pain, pretty great, don't ya think?)

T and I left for Provo for my family's Thanksgiving dinner, T ate dinner, I didn't. For some reason, I was nauseous and ended up laying on the couch watching movies. After blacking out because of some minor pain, I went to bed early and slept later than I have all semester. Now don't get me wrong... this did not put a dent in my Thanksgiving! HA! Like I would let a little pain ruin my Thanksgiving. Nuh uh. I wouldn't have any of that. I was with the people that I love the most and I have so much to be grateful for. I can honestly say that it was the best Thanksgiving ever. I got my yams. I got my pie (with lots and lots of whipped cream). I had my boy. I spent it with 2 of the most amazing families on the face of this earth. I love them both. And I sure am grateful for both.

All in all, I'd have to say it was a pretty successful Thanksgiving, wouldn't you?

No comments: