11.17.2009

Hermana

I have talked to Misty almost everyday for the past 20 years of my life. Every. Single. Day. Do you understand how hard it is to go cold turkey and not talk to one of your best friends for over 2 months?! It's hard. WAY hard. So that's why today is such a happy day! Hermana Madsen called from the airport on her way to Guatemala! I got to talk to her for 15 whole minutes (and skip my music class). Do you have any idea how difficult it is to catch up 2 months worth in 15 minutes?! I think we got the important things talked about at least. It was great to hear her and I'm so grateful to have a sister who is serving the Lord and bringing our brothers and sisters in Guatemala the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Her testimony is ever so strong, it's gotten so you can even feel it in her words across the phone. Misty is my hero and one of my best friends. But I usually just call her my sister. I only have 3 of them, which makes the word 'sister' among my favorite words.

You know what? 15 minutes just wasn't enough.

No comments: