11.13.2009

Without a Doubt

I once thought I was in love in Elementary school. Tony Gervais once made paper airplanes with me during inside recess while it was raining. We threw the planes out the window and watched them tumble in the wind carrying their precious passengers which were in the form of worms. He then took the heat for me and said it was his fault when the teacher caught us. He got detention from recess for a week while I spent recess playing soccer with the other guys. I still feel guilty that I let him take the blame. He did make me fall in love with him that day though. Tony was my best friend, we were even married on the playground after he played knight in shining armor and sacrificed his recess time for me (which is a huge deal for a second grader). I loved him more than any other 2nd grader could have.

Looking back, I realize it was just puppy love. Even all of those boys through middle school and high school were just more extreme versions of puppy love. Today I realized I had never been in love during any of those times at all. I'm not sure I even really fully comprehend true love right now. All I know is, I didn't even have to fall in love with T. It just was. It just happened. It was automatic. Call it chemical. Call it gravity. Call it timing. Call it soulmates.

I will just call it perfection.

2 comments:

ktln said...

This post makes me so happy. So. So. Happy. :)

Steven & Adrienne said...

ok...do we need ice cream again to talk about what is going on? ;) I am happy for you...isn't it great!