11.09.2009

Warm Fuzzies

"Men [and women] are that they might have joy." I love that scripture. I just read it today and it got me thinking throughout this entire Monday. I AM so that I can have JOY. Now there's some food for thought. So many people in the world today are so full of pessimism and the downright "I hate the world and everyone in it" type of attitude toward life. I feel so sad for those types of people.

Now I know we all have those down and out days, I mean, come on, I'm a real person too. But we're here on this earth to have joy! What a wonderful, glorious, beautiful thing that the Lord put us here on the earth so that we can be happy and joyful. Who doesn't like to be happy? I'm sure Heavenly Father loves being happy and I know that He is happy when we are.

I also read over Pres. Monson's last conference talk. Remember when he talked about the "warm fuzzies" jar? I remember listening to his talk and giggling over that clever idea. I think I want a "warm fuzzies" jar for when I teach. I'm pretty sure that having "Warm fuzzies" makes everyone joyful too. So... my challenge for myself this week? I wanna hand out some good ol' warm fuzzies to at least 3 people each day (not actual physical warm fuzzies, but compliments and good deeds). I'll let you know how it goes.



So what it all comes down to?

Be happy, it makes everyone else around you happy too!

1 comment:

Elaine Shandra said...

LOVE it! You are sooo cute!! I love the jar of warm fuzzies too. Wouldn't it be cool to put in a warm fuzzy ball everytime you notice something nice and then have a party when it's full and invite all your fabulous friends to play? Hmmm...maybe I'll do that!