11.07.2009

Wonderings and Ponderings

I'm sitting here on my couch. At my house. Listening to my mom talk to one of her best friends from way back when. Her friend lives in Idaho now. They've been talking for 5 minutes, laughing the whole time as if they just saw each other yesterday. Now they've changed the subject to their children who they just sent off on missions and how they both felt. They're really, truly, interested in each others lives and still want to know about each others successes and failures. I'm sure that they'll stay on the phone with each other for the next half hour talking and catching up and giggling like high schoolers again.

It makes me wonder, Will I be like that in the future? Will I still keep in touch with my very best friends who have helped me become the person I am today?

I sure hope so. In fact, I need to go. There's that one friend I need to call and talk to.

3 comments:

Elaine Shandra said...

You are so cute! I should come visit/call you all sometime soon...

Steven & Adrienne said...

I sure hope you do, because it is amazing how when you do talk to those old friends how time just seems like it has never slipped by even if it has been over 10 years since you last talked with them. By the way you are so cute and always so thoughtful about everyone what a great friend you are!! :)

Keep Your Sunny Side Up said...

That is the most amazing thing about friends. Let's be sure to talk in 10 years, okay?